Get in the holiday spirit with this unique holiday bark recipe! This recipe is the perfect treat to enjoy with friends and family and serves as a great gift. Wrap up some bark and give it to your neighbors and loved ones to spread some holiday cheer!
What you’ll need:
- 1 bag of semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
- Coconut oil or shortening
- Pretzels (crushed)
- Candy cane (crushed)
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
1. Cover a baking sheet with wax paper or aluminum foil.
2. Place chocolate along with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or shortening in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 20 second increments and stir until the chocolate is melted.
3. Pour the melted chocolate on the covered baking sheet and tilt to get the chocolate to spread.
4. Quickly add your peppermint, pretzels, and candy. Allow it to set for several hours in the coolest part of the kitchen.
5. Break it up into pieces and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
Tip: Swap out M&Ms, pretzels, or peppermint with your favorite candy or snack. You can even substitute white chocolate for milk chocolate!
Looking for more recipes to improve your holiday cooking skills? Check out our hot chocolate bomb recipe!