Made from milk, eggs, and seasonings, eggnog is the perfect drink to serve at your upcoming holiday gatherings. Home-made eggnog is much more flavorful and creamy than store-bought. If you’re looking for the delicious taste of homemade eggnog but don’t want to handle a large batch, this small-batch eggnog recipe is perfect for you!
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup light cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 cloves (optional)
1. Combine milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and clove in a saucepan over low heat; stir and heat for 5 minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium-low and slowly bring mixture to a boil, and then remove from the heat.
3. Combine sugar and egg yolk and whisk until light and fluffy.
4. Pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking quickly to avoid scrambling the eggs.
5. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan.
6. Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until thick, about 3 minutes; do not allow the mixture to boil.
7. Strain to remove cloves and let cool for about 1 hour.
8. Stir in cream, an extra splash of vanilla, and nutmeg.
9. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
10. Top with an extra dash of cinnamon and enjoy!