International Chocolate Ice Cream Day is celebrated annually on June 7th. This is the best day to satisfy your cravings for a cold, sweet treat. No one can resist a good chocolate ice cream cone on an approaching hot summer day. If you can’t head to the store, learn how to make homemade ice cream to celebrate the day with this fun activity while staying out of the heat!
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Ice Cream Directions:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cocoa powder, and sugar until the sugar and cocoa completely dissolve.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream along with the vanilla extract into the cocoa powder mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes so it is completely cold.
- Give the ice cream base one more gentle stir and freeze about 1 1/2 to 2 hours (according to the directions of your ice cream maker).
- Remove your ice cream from the ice cream maker, place in an airtight plastic container, and store in the back of the freezer for at least an hour before serving.
Did you know? Great Wolf Lodge has a variety of sweet treats and activities to enjoy this summer. Explore a list of our locations to get planning your next trip!