Nothing says “Birthday Paw-ty” like some cake! 😋 🎂🍫 We’re so excited to celebrate our 25th Birthday at Great Wolf Lodge, North America’s number one indoor waterpark resort. Bake this delicious chocolate cake recipe and come visit the Lodge for a family vacation to try it out in person! We’re proud to donate a portion of the proceeds to the Confetti Foundation, an organization that helps kids in hospitals celebrate their birthdays.
Let’s get baking for the best birthday cake to serve at a party that any chocolate lover would enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 9-inch cake pans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter three 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer at low speed until combined.
- Add in buttermilk, warm water, eggs, oil, and vanilla and beat at low speed until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly amongst the three prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then remove the cakes from the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
If you want to celebrate this with others, check out some Great Wolf Lodge locations for a fun-filled birthday party including water attractions, lodging and many other vacation perks on top of a delicious chocolate cake.