The Big Game is the final championship football game of the National Football League (NFL). The Big Game has been played 55 times and this year it will be played at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, home of the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers! Football evolved over time from a mix of soccer and rugby and the first Big Game was played in 1967.
Whichever team you’re rooting for and whoever wins the game, there is always something to celebrate. Here are 4 of our favorite Big Game party games for kids to play!
#1 Big Game Guessing Game
Before you turn on the TV and before the game even starts, it’s time to play a fun Big Game guessing game! Write down the answers to these questions before the game and see how many you get right:
- Who will win the game?
- Which team will win the coin toss?
- Will the coin toss be heads or tails?
- Who will be ahead at the end of the 1st quarter?
- Who will be ahead at the end of the 2nd quarter?
- Who will be ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter?
- Which team will score first?
- Which team will call the first timeout?
- Will the game go into overtime?
- Will the final score be odd or even?
#2 Rate the Commercials
Big Game commercials are known for being funny and unpredictable. They tend to have great cinematography and special effects! One way to enjoy the game and have some Big Game fun is to rate the commercials. Write down the name of the commercial when it appears, and jot down these reactions about each commercial:
What a surprise! What was that all about?
Total yawn! On to the next commercial…
Replay! Let’s watch it again later.
Finally, score each commercial. On a scale of 1-10 how much did you like or dislike the commercial? At the end, add up the points and crown the Big Game commercial winner!
#3 Big Game Trivia
Another fun Big Game activity is playing Big Game trivia! This is a great game that you can play before, during or after the game. Test your knowledge of the Big Game with these fun quiz questions:
- What year was the first Big Game played? (Okay, we gave you that one to start!)
- Which teams were in the first Big Game?
- Which team won the first Big Game?
- Which quarterback has won the most Big Games?
- What team has played in four Big Games but never held a lead?
- Which teams were in last year’s Big Game?
- Who won last year’s Big Game?
- What teams haven’t appeared in a single Big Game?
- What is the name of the Big Game trophy?
- What city hosted the coldest Big Game ever?
Tally up all the points and crown the Big Game trivia winner!
#4 Make a DIY Paper Bag Football Craft
This DIY Paper Bag Football Craft is perfect for bringing out your creativity and crafting skills. Plus, you can practice tossing it around and pretend you are an NFL football player! You’ll need a brown paper bag, a white crayon or marker, crumpled paper for the stuffing of the football and hot glue. You can get the full instructions here.
There are so many games kids can play to celebrate the Big Game! For more fun and games, learn how to make your very own DIY Foosball Table or check out our rainbow crafts for kids and don’t forget to visit the lodge on this big game day.