There’s no doubt that the classic grilled cheese sandwich is a favorite finger food for kids amongst most families. With a warm, gooey center and perfectly golden buttered bread, there’s simply nothing not to like about a grilled cheese. In order to properly honor this delectable delight, we’re sharing our easy grilled cheese shooters recipe.
These grilled cheese shooters’ appetizer-sized portions make them perfect for sharing with the whole family in addition to being an easy party food idea. Between the bread, the cheese, and and the perfect amount of tomato soup for dipping, we’re sure it will give you something to howl about.
Great Wolf Grilled Cheese Sandwich Shooter Recipe
- 2 slices of white bread with crust cut off
- Butter, melted and warm
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 4 oz. tomato soup (hot)
- Evenly butter both slices of white bread with butter and place on a flat top grill, butter side down.
- Place 1 slice of American cheese on each slice of bread for 1 minute, or until evenly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove bread from flat top grill and place slices together.
- Cut finished sandwich from upper left corner to lower right and then cut the opposite way, upper right to lower left, creating 4 perfectly shaped triangles.
- Using the hot tomato soup, fill 4 shot glasses about ¾ of the way.
- Place 1 sandwich triangle on top of each of the shot glasses. The flat side of the triangle should be up, with the tip of the triangle just touching the soup.
- Place each on a rectangular plate in a straight line. Serve immediately.