Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountain Completes Room Renovation | North America's Largest Family Indoor Water Park | Plan Your Getaway | GreatWolf.com
Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountain Completes Room Renovation
Great Wolf Lodge
Director of Corporate Communications
P: 708.967.3325 / E: PRTeam@GreatWolf.com
Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountain Completes Room Renovation, Debuts New Attractions as Part of Multi-Million Dollar Refurbishment Effort
Iconic Family-Friendly Indoor Water Park Resort Announces Additional Enhancements To Come
POCONO MOUNTAINS, Penn. – (Jan. 30, 2019) – Great Wolf Lodge has completed the first phase of an exciting, multi-million-dollar renovation to its Pocono Mountains resort, giving tri-state families something new to howl about this year. The first phase alone represents the most extensive refurbishment in the property’s history, and today, leadership of Great Wolf Lodge unveiled plans for a second phase that will essentially complete a top-to-bottom transformation of the family-friendly indoor water park resort. Here are some new elements that are now open and available for guests to enjoy.
- Guest Rooms: The resort’s 401 spacious, family-friendly suites have been fully transformed with new beds, flooring and furnishings to reflect a new modern take on Great Wolf Lodge’s beloved Northwoods theme. In total, the resort has twelve suite styles, including kid favorite themed suites with bunk beds inside log cabin, wolf den or camping tent designed alcoves.
Oliver’s Mining Company: An expansive new attraction that takes guests on an adventure through the Moonstone Mine. This walk-through attraction uses mirrors and projection technology to take families on a fun, interactive and educational journey through the coalmine. Upon emerging from the mine, kids can sift through silt and sand at the wooden sluice using specially designed pans to find their own gemstones.
- MagiQuest: The beloved mystical adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to discover relics and runes needed to defeat goblins and dragons now has a new, elaborately themed basecamp at the resort. Lurking nearby is Charlock, a realistic, oversized animatronic red dragon that with a wave of a wand, guests can bring to life.
- Illumination Station: A new retail outlet where families can discover a variety of interactive light-up toys and glow products, the perfect accessory for each evening’s dance party in the Grand Lobby.
- Dunkin’: America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods is a new addition to the resort and sits a few short steps off the lobby, serving a menu of delicious food and beverages.
- Great Wolf Candy Company: A new sweet shop where guests can choose from a collection of delicious and rare bulk candy selections to create a personal mix of sweet treats.
With these new enhancements now open and available for guests at Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountain to experience, company leadership has unveiled extensive plans for continued investment at the resort. The second phase of the full property renovations started today, with a focus on the resort’s dining facilities, more family attractions, new retail experiences and a dedicated space to host birthday parties or other special celebrations. Additional enhancements and elements coming to the resort as part of this second phase include:
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: The first Build-A-Bear Workshop in the Pocono Mountains. Guests will have an opportunity to participate in Build-A-Bear’s signature Make-Your-Own experience with an assortment of plush animals, clothing and accessories to customize a furry friend. Available exclusively at Great Wolf Lodge will be newly designed Great Wolf Lodge plush characters including Wiley the Wolf, Brinley Bear, Sammy the Squirrel and Violet the Wolf.
- Family Celebration Room: Guests looking to host a child’s birthday or other special celebration will soon have a private themed space at the resort. Located in the middle of all the fun, family-friendly attractions on the lower-level of the resort, just steps away from the water park, this new space is ideal for parents looking for an innovative way to celebrate their child’s special day.
- Loose Moose: The resort’s signature, upscale buffet restaurant will receive a major makeover with an updated look consistent with the resort’s new more modern Northwoods design.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Guests can indulge with a wide and eclectic variety of super-premium ice creams from one of the most beloved ice cream makers, Ben & Jerry’s.
- Hungry as a Wolf: Great Wolf Lodge guests love this pizzeria so much that along with a new look, the resort will also add expanded seating to this popular eatery.
This is just a sampling of what is to come. Great Wolf Lodge has additional surprises in store for families including a one-of-a-kind attraction and a much-anticipated parent-focused experience that will come as part of this second phase, which details will be shared at a later date. All of the renovations are scheduled to be completed by Memorial Day weekend, just in time for a massive summer celebration being planned by Great Wolf Lodge.
Guests visiting during the renovation will find all current attractions, restaurants and retail offerings open and fully operational, alongside the resort’s expansive indoor waterpark.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit www.greatwolf.com.
About Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. is North America’s largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and through its subsidiaries and affiliates, owns and operates family resorts under the Great Wolf Lodge brand. Great Wolf Resorts is a fully integrated resort company with Great Wolf Lodge locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash., Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif., Colorado Springs, Colo., Bloomington, Minn., LaGrange, Ga., and Gurnee, Ill. Additional resorts planned include Scottsdale, Ariz. (late 2019) and Manteca, Calif. (mid 2020).
Additional information may be found on the company’s online media center.