GREAT WOLF LODGE® "MAKE MY SUMMER” PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES | North America's Largest Family Indoor Water Park | Plan Your Getaway | GreatWolf.com
GREAT WOLF LODGE® HOWL-O-WEEN CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A $100 GREAT WOLF LODGE® GIFT CARD
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. The Great Wolf Lodge® HOWL-O-WEEN Challenge Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") involves the submission of a photograph within the following categories – “Fun Pumpkins”; “Sweet Treats”; “Wolf Ears Selfie” and “Crazy Costumes”. Submissions will be determined eligible for the Sweepstakes by representatives of Great Lakes Services, LLC ("Sponsor"). An individual participating in any aspect of this Sweepstakes is sometimes referred to in these Official Rules as an "entrant" or a “participant”.
WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED IN RANDOM DRAWINGS FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Great Wolf Lodge Howl-O-Ween Challenge (the “Promotion”) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry submission and eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. Void in all other jurisdictions. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Great Wolf Lodge, Sponsor (Great Lakes Services, LLC), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and Sweepstakes agencies involved with this Sweepstakes (the "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. For these Official Rules, "immediate family" means mother, step-mother, father, step-father, siblings, step-siblings, children, step-children, wards, grandparents, step-grandparents, domestic partners and spouses, including common law spouses, regardless of where they reside. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or where restricted by law in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: There are four (4) promotion opportunities, each with a corresponding category:
1. First promotion opportunity 9:00 a.m. CDT, October 2, 2016, and ends October 30, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. CDT (the “1st Promotion Period”). The 1st Promotion category is “Fun Pumpkins.”
2. Second promotion opportunity begins 9:00 a.m. CDT, October 9 2016, and ends October 30, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. CDT (the “2nd Promotion Period”). The 2nd promotion category is “Sweet Treats.”
3. Third promotion opportunity begins 9:00 a.m. CDT, October 16, 2016, and ends October 30, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. CDT (the “3rd Promotion Period”). The 3rd promotion category is “Wolf Ears Selfie.”
4. Fourth promotion opportunity begins 9:00 a.m. CDT, October 23, 2016, and ends October 30, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. CDT (the “4th Promotion Period”). The 4th promotion category is “Crazy Costumes.”
Sponsor's time clock is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. PHOTO RIGHTS: By entering the Promotion, you agree that (a) you have read or had read to you these Official Rules and are in agreement with them, (b) you have received permission for the use of the likeness and image of all identifiable people appearing in your submitted photo (“Submission”) and to grant to Sponsor the rights contemplated in the Official Rules. By submitting a Submission in connection with the Promotion you represent and warrant to Sponsor that (i) your Submission is your own original work and that you have the sole right to submit it to the Promotion; (ii) your Submission does not violate in any way rights of third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property rights; (iii) your Submission does not violate any applicable laws; (iv) you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions from all appropriate third parties required for the production and submission of the Submission in the Promotion and use by Sponsor as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) the posting and/or display of your Submission or other use by Sponsor or those deriving rights through Sponsor will not violate the intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or rights of privacy of any third parties or otherwise breach any provision of any applicable law or regulation; (vi) Sponsor has your irrevocable permission for the posting of any and all information included in your Submission in connection any permitted use of your Submission; and (vii) use and posting of the Submission or any part of the Submission provided by you to Sponsor in any manner in connection with the Promotion or as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules is and will be without any compensation, regardless of whether your Submission is a winning Submission. By submitting your Submission to the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion you agree to and thereby waive any and all moral rights that exist in your Submission and any derivative works made therefrom. All Entrants hereby grant to Sponsor an everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, irrevocable, license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, display, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property and personal rights with respect to each Submission worldwide and/or to include a Submission in other works in any media now known or later created, anywhere and forever. Each Entrant agrees and grants Sponsor permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise distribute Entrant’s Submission in all media in perpetuity without compensation.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: Eligible individuals may enter the Promotion by the following:
- During the Promotion periods, submit a photo showing the applicable theme for that particular Promotion opportunity.
- Entries can be made on Facebook and Instagram
- Limit one (1) entry per person, per category.
- Submission photos do not have to be taken at Great Wolf Lodge®.
Submissions should not include any content whatsoever which would reasonably be understood to be defamatory, threatening, distasteful, racist, unlawful or otherwise objectionable to Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submission that does not comply with these Official Rules, or contains third party content, or is inappropriate for the Promotion for any reason.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Random drawings from eligible entries will be conducted to determine winners after the completion of all Promotion Periods. The drawing will be held on October 30, 2016.
Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified by Sponsor via comment on their original entry post. Upon such notice, winners will be instructed to submit additional contact information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be confirmed a winner, Sponsor may require the tentative Prize winner to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification attempt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity release (where permitted by law) and affirmation of assignment of rights within twenty-one (21) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined from the remaining eligible entries. Winning submissions may be posted with the name of the entrant on Sponsor's blog at blog.greatwolf.com.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There will be four (4) Grand Prize Winners (one for each Promotion Period) who will each receive a one (1) Great Wolf Lodge gift card which can be used at their selected lodge. Selection will be made at time of accepting prize from options provided by Sponsor. (Retail value $100).
7. GENERAL RULES: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor with respect to determining eligible Entries and the awarding of any Prize, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes or accessing the Forum Website. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the Grand Prize winner drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. If a court of competent jurisdiction deems any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, such provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted and the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or download any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the GreatWolf.com (the “Web Site”) or Facebook, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestions on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees to resolve any dispute individually, without resort to any class action. By accepting a prize in the Promotion, Winners agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of any prize. Except if Winner is a resident of TN, or where prohibited by law, by accepting prize, Winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
9. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor's website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit of this Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or votes will be void.
10. RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AGENTS, RETAILERS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY AND/OR FROM ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROMOTION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS AND RELEASE EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEFAMATION, INVASION OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR PERSONALITY OR ANY SIMILAR MATTER, RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE OPERATION THEREOF, OR ANY ENTRY, OR BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THE USE AND EXPLOITATION OF THE VIDEO ENTRIES AS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, OR USE IN COMPOSITE FORM, EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ARE FULLY FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, USA. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Participants agree that any controversy shall be resolved without a jury in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction located in Dane County, Wisconsin and further consent to jurisdiction in such courts, waive any objection to such venue and waive trial by jury. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Wisconsin and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNERS LIST / RULES REQUEST: For Winner name, log on to https://www.facebook.com/Greatwolfwaterpark/?fref=ts Winner List can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by State law) to Howl-O-Ween Challenge Sweepstakes, 525 Junction Road, Ste. 6000 South Tower, Madison, WI 53717 (the “Promotion Address”) before December 31, 2016.
13. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram. Any references to Sponsor’s products, services of offerings by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Facebook or Instagram.