Explore Family Activities at Great Wolf Lodge
Throughout the entire Traverse City, MI lodge, you’ll find a range of activities that will keep your children active and entertained for hours. Please explore some of our most popular attractions that the whole family can enjoy.
We've turned splashing into an adventure at Fort Mackenzie, our 4-story interactive tree house in the center of our 84 degree indoor water park. Adventure through suspension bridges, swinging cargo nets, treetop slides and soaking spray stations. If that doesn't get you drenched, just wait for our 1,000-gallon bucket to tip from the treetops.
- The water bucket dumps over 700 gallons of water. Use caution when standing directly under the bucket area.
- Running, hanging, or swinging on ropes is not permitted
- No age/height limit
- Please do not bend or cover hoses to spray guests on deck
- Banging toys together is not permitted
Alberta Falls is four stories of fun. Twist in and out of the Lodge before dropping into the plunge pool. (Don't worry, the tube is enclosed so there's no temperature change!)
- Landing pool is 3 ft 6 inches deep.
- You must be at least 42" tall to ride
- 250 lb max each person, 400 lbs max combined weight on a double tube.
- This ride requires the physical ability to maintain body position throughout the ride. You will experience acceleration and deceleration while traveling forward and side to side. Do not let go of the handles.
- Double tubes are loaded with the lighter person in front
- Stay seated in the raft, Do not let go of handles, Wait for the attendant to tell you when to go
- Lap riding is not allowed.
- Guests should remain in an upright, seated position facing forward and grasp tube handles throughout the entire ride.
- Stopping, changing positions, and forming chains are not permitted.
- Secure loose articles before participating in activities.
- Exit the splash pool immediately.
- For your safety, you should be in good health to ride. Only you know your physical conditions or limitations. If you suspect your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind. DO NOT RIDE!
- Pregnant women or guests with heart conditions, neck, back, or bone/joint problems, high blood pressure, have experienced a recent illness or injury, and/or guests under the influence of drugs or alcohol should not participate.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in injury to yourself and others and could result in removal from the waterpark.
Chinook Cove™ Activity Pool
Get into the hoopla with a little water basketball with the kids. Let them test their balance along a floating activity or just goof around (safely, of course!) in this activity pool.
- Parents should accompany small children and weak or non-swimmers should wear a life jacket
- Running, diving, rough play and splashing are not permitted
- Climbing over center wall is prohibited
- Flippers, snorkels, or toys are not allowed in the pool
- Do not shoot basketballs from outside the pool or designated area
- Please do not “slam dunk” the ball or hang on the nets or rims
- Do not stand on the floats. Excessive tipping or rocking is prohibited.
Big Foot Pass™
This agility challenge keeps kids busy for hours, as they practice their balance and cheer on their friends. Little kids learn to jump from lily pad to lily pad, while the older ones use the netting above to guide themselves across. One false step and ... splash.
- The Lily pads are a one-way activity and only one guest at a time per Lily pad
- Guests under 48” tall should be accompanied by an adult and wear a life jacket
- No climbing on ropes
- Guests must exit water area immediately after falling off pads (Guests cannot get back on or swim in this area)
These twin three-story slides offer the fastest (not to mention, funfilled) escape route out of the Fort Mackenzie tree house.
- One rider on slide at a time
- Guests must be 42” tall to ride or supervised by an adult and able to maintain the proper riding posture
- Guests must ride feet first lying down with arms crossed over chest
- Exit splash pool quickly to the sides
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride
- No sandals/shoes are permitted
- Guests are not allowed to sit at the end of the slide
For the "48 inches and under" set, we offer a kiddie slide that the little ones will want to try again and again and again.
- Guests over 48” tall are NOT permitted on slides
- Guests under 48” tall must be supervised by an adult
- Parents may catch children at the bottom and exit landing area quickly
- Feet first riding only; no head first or belly sliding allowed
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride
Find an oasis of relaxation in our jumbo whirlpools. Find one for adults 21 and older and another for the whole family.
- No jumping or diving
- Climbing on rocks is prohibited
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the lower hot tub
- Must be 21 or older to be in upper hot tub
Buddy up or go solo. Just let the current sweep you along the endless, winding lazy river.
- Guests are not permitted on the island in the river
- Piling/stacking tubes is not permitted
- No rough play, flipping, or pushing of tubes
- Life jackets are permitted
Thunder Bay Outdoor Pool area has a 122,000 gallon outdoor pool, which ranges from zero-depth entry to four feet. Thunder Bay includes water basketball, kiddie activities, water effects including floor geysers and spray features, as well as heated water. There is a patio area with tables and chairs so you can relax in the sun. Open Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, weather permitting. Hours vary.
- Running, diving, rough play, shoulder riding and splashing are not permitted.
- No dunking or hanging on basketball rims
- No toys in pool (ex. Snorkels, tubes, etc.)
- Do not shoot basketballs from outside the pool or designated area.
- Please do not “slam dunk” the ball or hang on the nets or rims.
- No food or beverages in pool
- Alcoholic beverages must stay outside the white fencing
- Gates are exit only
- Only authorized guests in cabanas
- Breakable containers, coolers, and carry-in food or beverages are prohibited.
- Protect your skin! Use a waterproof sunscreen with at least SPF 15 – even when it’s cloudy. And be sure to reapply it frequently. Sunscreen is available for purchase at the Gift Shop.
Cabanas are available to rent daily for your family’s comfort and convenience in the waterpark. A Cabana has seating for four with a table & chairs, a 20" flat screen TV w/Satellite access, Great Wolf Lodge Playing cards, and a copy of USA Today. There is also a mini refrigerator that is stocked with an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages. Please contact us directly at 866-478-9653 to reserve your Cabana today!
With a magic wand in-hand, you’ll explore an enchanted kingdom and join in the ultimate adventure as you enchant objects, befriend a pixie, learn from an ancient wizard, battle a goblin and outwit a dragon. We guarantee this live-action adventure game is unlike any other you’ve ever played. You’re sure to become legendary when the getaway you planned becomes epic.
Northern Lights™ Arcade
If kids designed your family room, it would probably look something like this. Our sprawling, family-friendly arcade is packed with over one hundred games designed to bring out the inner child in everyone.
At Great Wolf Lodge we have a rule: Everything must be fun. Since that goes for learning too, we created this haven especially for your Wolf Pups. We’ve packed our Cub Club with activities and crafts designed to enlighten and entertain your younger ones. They’ll have so much fun, they won’t even notice they’re learning.
Howl in One™ Mini Golf
Let’s face facts: No family vacation is complete without a round of mini-golf. Be sure to make a tee time at Howl in One Mini Golf, our 18-hole, interactive, outdoor mini-golf course. It’s an exciting course with sand traps and tricky shots, but easy enough to entertain putters of all ages.
For the Master Magi in your pack, Compass Quest unlocks a whole new layer of MagiQuest. A hi-tech compass leads players on an interactive way finding journey, unveiling nine new quests in this next-generation game of magic, mystery and discovery.
Choose one of the Great Wolf Kids character or another furry friend to bring to life.
Scooops® Kid Spa
With whimsical wall murals, ice cream cone stools, and oversized banana split pedicure thrones, Scooops Kid Spa – our special spa designed for kids - proves that life can have a cherry on top, without being over-the-top.
Join us at Great Wolf Lodge for great daily activities like Wolf Walk, The Great Clock Tower Show, and Story Time.