Explore Family Activities at Great Wolf Lodge®
Throughout the entire Sandusky, OH lodge, you’ll find a range of activities that will keep your children active and entertained for hours. Please explore some of our most popular attractions that the whole family can enjoy.
We've turned splashing into an adventure at Fort Mackenzie, our 4-story interactive tree house in the center of our 84 degree indoor water park. Adventure through suspension bridges, swinging cargo nets, treetop slides and soaking spray stations. If that doesn't get you drenched, just wait for our 1,000-gallon bucket to tip from the treetops.
- The water bucket dumps over 700 gallons of water. Use caution when standing directly under the bucket area.
- Running, hanging, or swinging on ropes is not permitted
- No age/height limit
- Please do not bend or cover hoses to spray guests on deck
- Banging toys together is not permitted
Alberta Falls is four stories of fun. Twist in and out of the Lodge before dropping into the plunge pool. (Don't worry, the tube is enclosed so there's no temperature change!)
- Guests must be 42” tall to ride or accompanied by an adult and able to maintain proper riding posture
- Single riders may ride in a single inner tube or in the rear of a double inner tube
- Single tube, one rider only. Double tube, no more than two riders.
- 250 lbs maximum on a single inner tube, 400 lbs maximum on a double tube
- Correct riding position requires guests to remain seated in the hole, facing forward, and grasping the handles throughout the course of the ride. Stopping, changing positions, or forming chains is not permitted.
- Guests must exit splash pool quickly; steps for exit only (entering/sitting not allowed)
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride
- Pregnant women, guests with heart conditions, guests with neck or back problems, and guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not participate
Get into the hoopla with a little water basketball with the kids. Let them test their balance along a floating activity or just goof around (safely, of course!) in this activity pool.
- Parents should accompany small children and weak or non-swimmers should wear a life jacket
- Running, diving, rough play and splashing are not permitted
- Climbing over center wall is prohibited
- Flippers, snorkels, or toys are not allowed in the pool
- Do not shoot basketballs from outside the pool or designated area
- Please do not “slam dunk” the ball or hang on the nets or rims
- Do not stand on the floats. Excessive tipping or rocking is prohibited
Big Foot Pass
This agility challenge keeps kids busy for hours, as they practice their balance and cheer on their friends. Little kids learn to jump from lily pad to lily pad, while the older ones use the netting above to guide themselves across. One false step and ... splash.
- The Lily pads are a one-way activity and only one guest at a time per Lily pad
- Guests under 48” tall must be accompanied by an adult and should wear a life jacket
- No climbing on ropes
- Guests must exit water area immediately after falling off pads (Guests cannot get back on or swim in this area)
For the "54 inches and under" set, we offer a kiddie slide that the little ones will want to try again and again and again.
- Guests must be less than 54” tall to ride on slides
- One person at a time
- Remain seated feet first and in an upright position throughout the course of the ride. Stopping, changing positions, or forming chains is not permitted.
- Parents or guardians supervising their children must do so at a safe distance from the slide finale
- Exit splash pool immediately upon entry
Find an oasis of relaxation in our jumbo whirlpools. Find one for adults 21 and older and another for the whole family.
- No jumping or diving
- No climbing on rocks
- No lifeguard on duty. Use at your own risk.
- Proper swimming attire is required
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the lower hot tub
- Infants, small toddlers, elderly guests, pregnant women, and guests with heart conditions or diabetes should not enter the hot tub without prior medical consent and permission from their doctor
- Observe reasonable time limits (10-15 min). Long or repetitive use may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
Buddy up or go solo. Just let the current sweep you along the endless, winding lazy river.
- Guests under 42” tall must be accompanied by an adult
- Guests are not permitted on the island in the river
- No piling/stacking tubes
- No rough play, flipping, or pushing of tubes
- Life jackets are permitted
Raccoon Lagoon Outdoor Pool area ranges from zero-depth entry to four feet and includes water basketball, kiddie activities, floor geysers and spray features, as well as heated water. There is a patio area with tables and chairs so you can relax in the sun. Typically open Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, weather permitting. Hours vary.
- No jumping, running, or diving
- No carry-in food or coolers allowed in outdoor pool area
- No dunking or hanging on basketball rims or nets
- Enter and exit the pool at designated areas only
- “Piggy Back” or shoulder riding is not allowed
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Water toys are not permitted in the outdoor pool
- Life jackets are permitted
- Protect your skin! Use a waterproof sunscreen with at least SPF 15 – even when it’s cloudy. And be sure to reapply it frequently. Sunscreen is available for purchase at the Gift Shop.
With a magic wand in-hand, you’ll explore an enchanted kingdom and join in the ultimate adventure as you enchant objects, befriend a pixie, learn from an ancient wizard, battle a goblin and outwit a dragon. We guarantee this live-action adventure game is unlike any other you’ve ever played. You’re sure to become legendary when the getaway you planned becomes epic.
Scooops® Kid Spa
With whimsical wall murals, ice cream cone stools, and oversized banana split pedicure thrones, Scooops Kid Spa – our special spa designed for kids - proves that life can have a cherry on top, without being over-the-top.
At Great Wolf Lodge® we have a rule: Everything must be fun. Since that goes for learning too, we created this haven especially for your Wolf Pups. We’ve packed our Cub Club with activities and crafts designed to enlighten and entertain your younger ones. They’ll have so much fun, they won’t even notice they’re learning.
Northern Lights™ Arcade
If kids designed your family room, it would probably look something like this. Our sprawling, family-friendly arcade is packed with over one hundred games designed to bring out the inner child in everyone.
Choose one of the Great Wolf Kids™ character or another furry friend to bring to life.
Join us at Great Wolf Lodge for great daily activities like Wolf Walk™, The Great Clock Tower Show™, and Story Time.