Activities for Children - Great Wolf Lodge New England
When you plan your visit to Great Wolf Lodge New England you can be confident there's more than enough for them to do. From water park rides and attractions and mini-golf, to MagiQuest and the Howler's Peak Ropes Course, they'll have a blast and discover a new adventure around every corner. And with so much to do, they will have story upon story to share from their adventures at Great Wolf Lodge.
Experience our multi-story, splash-loaded interactive treehouse – Fort Mackenzie. Your adventure begins with bridges and dozens of kid-activated water effects. And if you’re still not drenched, just wait for our giant bucket to tip from the treetops.
- The water bucket dumps over 300 gallons of water. Use caution when standing directly under the bucket area.
- Running, hanging, or swinging on ropes is not permitted
- No age/height limit
- Please do not bend or cover hoses to spray guests on deck
- Banging toys together is not permitted
River Canyon Run™
Your family adventure continues on River Canyon Run. Grab everyone (and one big raft) and together you'll experience one of Great Wolf Lodge's signature slides designed to keep everyone howling with delight.
- River Canyon Run is a multi-passenger family raft ride with splashes, quick acceleration, steep drops, and a landing pool finish
- Guests must be at least 42” tall to ride
- Guests 42” to 48” must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants and toddlers are not permitted
- Two, three, or four riders per tube are permitted with a combined weight not to exceed 800 lbs.
- Single or double tubes are not permitted
- Riders should remain seated, facing inward and grasping handles throughout the course of the ride
- Loose items such as hats and visors are not permitted and glasses should be secured by a strap
- Guests are permitted to wear life jackets while riding
Twist your way down four stories of fast-paced fun before sliding in to the plunge pool. So exhilarating you might not even notice your adventure took you right outside the wall of the Lodge.
- Guests must be at least 42" tall to ride
- Guests 42” to 48” tall must be accompanied by an adult to ride. Infants and toddlers are not permitted.
- Single riders may ride in a single inner tube or in the rear of a double inner tube
- Single tube, one rider only. Double tube, no more than two riders with the smaller person in front.
- 250 lbs maximum on single inner tube, 400 lbs maximum on double tube
- Correct riding position requires guests to remain seated in the hole, facing forward, and grasping the handles throughout the course of the ride. Stopping, changing positions, or forming chains is not permitted.
- Guests must exit splash pool quickly; steps for exit only (entering/sitting not allowed)
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride and recommended for guests under 48” tall
Climb on up and take a ride down Otter Run, no mat or raft needed. Twist, turn and splash your way to exhilarating fun.
- Minimum height requirement: 42 inches tall. No Exceptions
- Maximum rider weight: 300 lbs
- Each rider must possess the physical and cognitive ability to remain in the supine position and control their limbs during the course of the ride
- Suitable swim wear is required. Any bathing suit with plastic/metal rivets or ornamentation is not permitted
- Eyewear and loose jewelry must be secured or removed
- Foot wear is not permitted
- Only one rider at a time
Slap Tail Pond®
With waves up to 3 feet tall, you'll think you're in the ocean. Waves come in 5-minute intervals. The gigantic wave pool also features zero-depth entry and goes up to 5 feet deep.
- There is a strong current in this attraction
- No rough play
- Enter at shallow end only
- All swimmers are strongly suggested to wear a life jacket due to the challenging nature of this attraction
- Guests under 48” tall should wear a life jacket and be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Waves can sweep you off your feet
- Waves will be on and off throughout the day
- Weak or non-swimmers without life vests should stay in the shallow end
Take a break from the action and let the current sweep you along this endless, winding lazy river.
- Pool is 2 feet 6 inches deep
- Guests may float in a tube, swim, or walk
- Travel in the direction of current only
- Running, diving, rough play and splashing are not permitted
- Guests may not stack, pile, or throw tubes
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in injury to yourself and others and could result in removal from the water park
You're sure to think Chinook Cove is a slam dunk when you play a game of water basketball. And don't miss the all the floating activities designed to challenge your wolf pups balance.
- Parents should accompany small children and weak or non-swimmers should wear a life jacket
- Running, diving, rough play and splashing are not permitted
- Do not shoot basketballs from outside the pool or designated area
- Do not dunk basketballs or hang on the rims
- No shaking, twisting of, or standing on floatable (snake and log)
- No flippers, snorkels, or toys allowed in the pool
Big Foot Pass
This agility challenge keeps kids busy for hours, as they practice their balance and cheer on their friends. Little kids learn to jump from lily pad to lily pad, while the older ones use the netting above to guide them across. One false step and ... splash.
- The Lily pads are a one-way activity and only one guest at a time per Lily pad
- Guests under 48” tall should be accompanied by an adult and wear a life jacket
- No climbing on ropes
- Guests must exit water area immediately after falling off pads (Guests cannot get back on or swim in this area)
Theses slides are the perfect way for your little wolf pups to escape from the Fort Mackenzie treehouse. They’ll love riding down and splashing at the bottom, while you’ll love the smile on their face!
- One rider on slide at a time
- Guests under 36” tall are not permitted on this ride. Children under 6 years old must be supervised by an adult
- Correct riding position requires guests to remain on their back, feet first with legs crossed at the ankles and arms crossed over the chest throughout the course of the ride. Stopping, changing positions, and forming chains are not permitted.
- 200 lbs maximum weight limit on slides
- Exit slides run-out quickly to the sides
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride
- Guests are not allowed to sit at the end of the slide
Give your wolf pups a taste of the waterslide action with this specialty slide designed for the 48-inch and under set. They'll love to feel like a big kid with a perfectly-sized slide for them.
- Guests must be less than 48” tall or accompanied by a child
- Children under 48” tall must be supervised by an adult
- Guests over 48” tall are not permitted on slides
- One person at a time.
- Remain seated feet first and in an upright position throughout the course of the ride. No head first or belly sliding allowed.
- Parents or guardians supervising their children may catch children at the bottom and exit landing area quickly
- Life jackets are permitted on this ride
Hop on over to Tadpole Pond for tons of fun for your little ones! With sundeck spray features there’s plenty of pint-sized action to keep them entertained and engaged for hours.
- No lifeguard on duty
- Smoking is prohibited
- Wristbands must be worn at all times unless under the age of 3; this includes spectators.
- No jumping or running
- No carry-in food or coolers allowed in outdoor spray pad area
- Enter and exit the spray pad at designated areas only
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Protect your skin! Use a waterproof sunscreen with at least SPF 15 – even when it’s cloudy. And be sure to reapply it frequently. Sunscreen is available for purchase at the gift shop.
Howlers Peak Ropes Course
This 30 foot tall adventure climbing attraction takes fun to a new level. Kids and parents alike wear safety harnesses as they navigate this challenging ropes course high above everyone else. Younger children can also enjoy a smaller course designed just for them. Admission to the ropes course is included with your stay.
Howlin' Timbers Play Park
Exclusive to Great Wolf Lodge New England! This play area features an assortment of rides, including a Frog Hopper attraction and an indoor train ride as well as the brand new Howlers Peak Ropes Course and Howl at the Moon mini golf.
Set your imagination free playing our live-action adventure game. With your magic wand in-hand, you’ll explore an enchanted kingdom making objects come to life as you solve riddles and complete quests. Throughout your adventure, you’ll befriend a pixie, outwit a goblin and battle the dragon. Get your wands ready, your MagiQuest journey awaits.
Howly Wood® XD Theater
Fasten your seat belts and hold on tight, for this turning, moving and twisting adventure. Feel like you’re part of the movie, when you’re transported directly into the action. Movement, special effects and unforgettable memories are all part of the Howly Wood XD Theater experience. Buckle up and join the fun.
Ten Paw Alley™
The majority of our guests stand below four feet tall, which is why our new family bowling alley has a kid-friendly twist: We cut the length of the lanes in half. So after a day of merrily zipping down the biggest waterslides, they’ll be happily rolling five-pound balls down kid-sized lanes. And actually hitting pins.
Northern Lights™ Arcade
Have you ever wondered what your family room would look like if your kids designed it? We’re guessing something like our sprawling, family-friendly arcade. Packed with tons of games, you and your family are sure to find a favorite.
Howl at the Moon™ Mini Golf
When your pack is ready to dry off, it's time to "hit the links" Great Wolf style at Howl at the Moon Mini Golf. Put your skills to the test at our indoor course located in the Howlin' Timbers Play Park.
Cub Club® on Wheels
We have a rule at Great Wolf Lodge: everything MUST be fun! With that in mind, our Pack Members are ready to entertain your little ones with just the right activities and crafts (with some learning mixed in there too). Look for them throughout the lodge and get ready to jump in on the fun.
Hop, skip, bend, reach and jump your way through hundreds of lasers in this arcade-style maze. Navigate your way carefully while you try to achieve the highest score, just don’t touch the laser beams along the way!
Scooops® Kid Spa
With whimsical wall murals, ice cream cone stools and oversized banana split pedicure thrones, Scooops® Kid Spa is our one-of-a-kind spa designed just for kids. What better way to spend some quality mother-daughter time with your little princess!
Choose your favorite Great Wolf Lodge Kids™ character or another furry friend and bring them to life before you take them home.
There’s always something going on at Great Wolf Lodge. Join us for our daily activities like Wolf Walk™, The Forest Friends Show™, and Story Time.