GREAT WOLF LODGE BACK TO SCHOOL BLOG CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. The Great Wolf Lodge Back to School Blog Contest (the “Contest”) involves the submission of a story about the entrant’s favorite Great Wolf Lodge memory (the “Contest Theme”). Submissions will be judged by Contest Judges appointed by Great Lakes Services, LLC (“Sponsor”). An individual participating in any aspect of this Contest is sometimes referred to in these Official Rules as an “entrant.”
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry submission and eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. Void in all other jurisdictions and wherever prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Great Wolf Lodge, Sponsor (Great Lakes Services, LLC) (“Sponsor”), its subsidiary and affiliated entities, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. For these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, step-mother, father, step-father, siblings, step-siblings, siblings, step-siblings, children, step-children, wards, grandparents, step-grandparents, domestic partners and spouses, including common law spouses, regardless of where they reside. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or where restricted by law in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Back to School Blog Contest entry period begins at 12:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on September 4, 2012 and ends at 12:00 p.m. CT on September 18, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries may be submitted only during the Contest Period. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for this Contest.
3. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: By entering the Contest, you agree that (a) you have read or had read to you these Official Rules and are in agreement with them, (b) you have received permission for the use of the likeness and image of all identifiable people appearing in your submitted photo (“Submission”) and to grant to Sponsor the rights contemplated in the Official Rules. By submitting a Submission in connection with the Contest you represent and warrant to Sponsor that (i) your Submission is your own original work and that you have the sole right to submit it to the Contest; (ii) your Submission does not violate in any way rights of third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; (iii) your Submission does not violate any applicable laws; (iv) you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions from all appropriate third parties required for the production and submission of the Submission in the Contest and use by Sponsor as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) the posting and/or display of your Submission or other use by Sponsor or those deriving rights through Sponsor will not violate the rights of any parties or otherwise breach any provision of any applicable law or regulation; (vi) Sponsor has your irrevocable permission for the posting of any and all information included in your Submission in connection any permitted use of your Submission; and (vii) use and posting of the Submission or any part of the Submission provided by you to Sponsor in any manner in connection with the Contest or as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules is and will be without any further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation (except for any awarded prize as contemplated in these Official Rules), regardless of whether your Submission is a winning Submission. By submitting your Submission to the Sponsor in connection with the Contest you agree to and thereby waive any and all moral rights that exist in your Submission and any derivative works made therefrom. All Entrants hereby grant to Sponsor an everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, irrevocable, unrestricted license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, display, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property and other rights with respect to each Submission worldwide and/or to include, in part or in whole, each Submission in other works in any media now known or later created, anywhere and forever, including in connection with promoting Great Wolf Lodge, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Each Entrant agrees and grants Sponsor permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise distribute Entrant’s Submission in all media in perpetuity without compensation. Except where legally prohibited, by submitting your Submission you irrevocably agree that your name and city and state or province of resident may be used in connection with the permitted use of the rights contemplated by this paragraph. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, anyone appearing in the Submission (or the parent/legal guardian of any minors) may be required to execute and return consent forms / releases confirming the representations, warranties and grants of rights contemplated in the Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, visit the Contest Submission form on the Great Wolf Lodge blog at http://blog.greatwolf.com/blog/landing-pages/share-your-story (“Site”), complete the online submission form including all form fields, and enter the story portion of your Submission in the “Your Story” form field. Your story must be 300 – 500 words in length and must be accompanied by at least one photo uploaded in the image section of the form.
In order to have his or her Submission entered into the Contest, prospective entrants must comply with these Official Rules, including the following requirements when submitting a Submission:
- During the Contest Period, submit a 300 – 500 word story that addresses the theme of “Your Favorite Great Wolf Lodge Memory”.
- At least one photo must be submitted via the image section of the submission form. The total number of photos may not exceed twenty. The total size in the aggregate of all photos may not exceed 12MB. Photos must be submitted in jpeg, png or gif format only. Image size cutoff is at 640 pixels wide.
- Entry form must be completed in full, including full name, city, state, email address.
- Limit one (1) entry per person in the Contest.
Must be suitable for family audiences. Without limitation, this means that the story and photo must not contain any material, words or images or other content that:
- is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contains profanity or sexual content;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons;
- promotes any third party product or service or otherwise contains commercial messages or endorsements regarding third party products or services;
- is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or Canada;
- has been copied or plagiarized. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the designed entrant;
- is proprietary to a third party, contains any third party content, or otherwise defames, violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark or other identifier of source, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (whether living or deceased) (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light). Therefore, clothing shown in the Submission should not contain any visible logos, trademarks, copyrighted images or text (entrant may obscure or obliterate any such identifiable items).
- appears to result in any injury or bodily harm; and/or
- is lewd or inappropriate or offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are otherwise objectionable to Sponsor.
Any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates any of the above or other prohibitions and/or representations or warranties of entrant will not be posted online (or may be removed if previously posted) and will be disqualified from the Contest. Any Submission not in compliance with the above may be disqualified. In the event that an entrant or Submission is edited, removed and/or disqualified, entrant is not relived from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules.
Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use or not use (or remove) Submissions in any way it sees fit without notification or further consent or payment of any kind.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, all eligible Submissions will be judged by marketing / communications professionals designated by, or employed by or associated with Great Wolf Resorts and appointed by Sponsor (such individuals are referred to as the “Contest Judges”). The Contest Judges will judge the Submissions based on the following judging criteria: Creativity and Originality = 50% and Best Representation of the Contest Theme = 50%. In the event that there is a tie resulting in two or more Submissions being the top ranked Submission, the Contest Judges will re-judge those that are tied solely based on best representation of the Contest Theme (100%). By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the Contest Judges with respect to judging, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
To be confirmed a winner, the tentative prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state or province of residence) will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification attempt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity release (where permitted by law) and affirmation of assignment of rights or if winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance of Contest Rules and Liability and Publicity release within twenty-one (21) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1) – A Great Wolf Lodge $100 gift card (ARV: USD$100). Second Place Prize (1) – A Great Wolf Lodge $50 gift card (ARV: USD$50). Third Place Prize (1) – 1 Great Wolf Lodge $25 gift card (ARV: USD$25). Gift cards denominated in US dollars except if the winner is a Canadian resident, the gift card will be denominated in equivalent Canadian dollars.
Gift card subject to applicable rules and restrictions governing Great Wolf Lodge gift cards. Prize is nontransferable and no substitution of prize by winner is allowed. Sponsor may substitute prize and Sponsor reserves the right to award prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize or participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any Submission or to award any prize.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the applicable winner’s responsibility. Resort regulations and conditions apply. All federal, state, local, municipal and provincial taxes and any expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Contest Judges, as applicable, with respect to the Contest and the awarding of any prize, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in this Contest, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Grand Prize winner by having the Contest Judges judge from among all eligible Submissions received prior to cancellation, based on the judging criteria listed above. If a court of competent jurisdiction deems any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, such provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted and the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES, THE PROMOTION PARTIES THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED ENTITIES, AGENTS, ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY AND/OR FROM ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROMOTION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS AND RELEASE EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEFAMATION, INVASION OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR PERSONALITY OR ANY SIMILAR MATTER, RELATING TO THE CONTEST, THE OPERATION THEREOF, OR ANY SUBMISSION, OR BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THE USE AND EXPLOITATION OF THE SUBMISSION AS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, OR USE IN COMPOSITE FORM, EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ARE FULLY FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, USA. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Wisconsin and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, available online prior to October 10, 2012, visit http://blog.greatwolf.com. To receive a copy by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Sponsor at the Contest Address. Limit one request per outer mailer which should be marked “Winners List Request.” Requests must be received by October 31, 2013. 11. PRIVACY: Sponsor collects and uses entrants’ personal information for the purpose of administering this Contest. The winner’s name will be listed on the Site and may be listed elsewhere in Sponsor’s materials. No marketing communications will be received by entrants by virtue of entry unless entrants provide express permission to do so.