GREAT WOLF LODGE® PUMPKIN PHOTO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. The Great Wolf Lodge® Pumpkin Photo Contest (the "Contest") involves the submission of a photograph showing a carved pumpkin that represents Great Wolf Lodge. Entrants can utilize templates available online at cdn.greatwolf.com/downloads/great-wolf-lodge-howloween-pumpkin-carving-template-all.pdf or create their own design to represent Great Wolf Lodge. Submissions will be judged by Contest Judges appointed by Great Lakes Services, LLC ("Sponsor"). An individual participating in any aspect of this Contest is sometimes referred to in these Official Rules as an "entrant."
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry submission and eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. Void in all other jurisdictions. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Great Wolf Lodge, Sponsor (Great Lakes Services, LLC), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and Contest agencies involved with this Contest (the "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. For these Official Rules, "immediate family" means mother, step-mother, father, step-father, siblings, step-siblings, siblings, step-siblings, children, step-children, wards, grandparents, step-grandparents, domestic partners and spouses, including common law spouses, regardless of where they reside. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or where restricted by law in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT") on October 9, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on October 30, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). Entries may be submitted during this time period (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor's designated computer is the official time clock for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Entry Period, submit your contest entry by posting a photo of your carved pumpkin that represents Great Wolf Lodge on Great Wolf Lodge's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/GreatWolfWaterpark), publicly posting your photo on Twitter (www.twitter.com) using the hashtag "#GWLHowloween", or publicly posting your photo on Instagram (www.instagram.com) using the hashtag "GWLHowloween" (each such entry together with any other content or information provided by entrant in connection with the Contest is considered an "Entry" or "Submission").
LIMIT: Only 1 unique Entry per person.By entering the Contest, you agree to have your Entry posted online (in Sponsor's sole discretion), including for voting purposes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that, or entrant who, does not comply with these Official Rules.
4. REQUIREMENTS: In order to have his or her Entry entered into the Contest, prospective entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. The Entry:
- Must be suitable for family audiences. Without limitation, this means that the Entry must not contain any material, words or images or other content that:
- is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contains profanity or sexual content;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons;
- promotes any third party product or service or otherwise contains commercial messages or endorsements regarding third party products or services;
- is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or Canada;
- has been copied or plagiarized. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the designed entrant;
- is proprietary to a third party, contains any third party content, or otherwise defames, violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark or other identifier of source, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (whether living or deceased) (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light).
- appears to have results in any injury or bodily harm; and
- is lewd or inappropriate or offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor's image, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are otherwise objectionable to Sponsor.
Any Entry or portion thereof that, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, violates any of the above or other prohibitions and/or representations or warranties of entrant will not be posted online (or may be removed if previously posted) and will be disqualified from the Contest. Any Entry not in compliance with the above or that does not meet the requirements of the applicable website utilized to submit the Entry may be disqualified. In the event that an entrant or Entry is edited, removed and/or disqualified, entrant is not relived from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules.
Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use or not use (or remove) Entries in any way it sees fit without notification or further consent or payment of any kind. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted, including any and all moral rights that exist in the Entry and any derivative works made therefrom.
5. REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ENTRIES; GRANT OF RIGHTS.By entering the Contest, you agree that (a) you have read or have had read to you these Official Rules and are in agreement with them; (b) you have all permissions necessary to submit and publish each Entry you submit to the Contest and to grant Sponsor the rights contemplated in the Official Rules. By submitting an Entry in connection with the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that (i) the Entry is the original work of the entrant and that entrant has the sole right to submit it to the Contest; (ii) the Entry does not violate in any way rights of third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; (iii) the Entry does not violate any applicable laws; (iv) entrant has obtained all necessary licenses or permissions from all third parties appearing in or required for the production and submission of the Entry in the Contest and use as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) the posting and/or display of the Entry and any other use contemplated in the Official Rules will not violate rights of any parties or otherwise breach any provision of any applicable law or regulation; (vi) use and posting of the Entry or any part of the Entry in connection with the Contest or as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules is and will be without any further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation (except for any awarded prize as contemplated in these Official Rules), regardless of whether the entry is a winning entry; and (viii) the Entry submitted in this Contest has not been entered in any previous competition.
Each entrant hereby waives all moral rights in the Entry and grants to Sponsor an everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, irrevocable, unrestricted, license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, display, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property and other rights with respect to each Entry worldwide and/or to include, in part or in whole, any Entry in other works in any media now known or later created, anywhere and forever, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of an Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant's irrevocable permission for Sponsor to use the entrant's name and city and state or province of residence, in whole or in part, in print, electronic media, broadcast media, or any other media or manner, whether now known or later created, in perpetuity, in any way Sponsor deems appropriate in connection with promoting the Contest and Sponsor's business, products and service or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, all eligible Submissions will be judged by marketing / communications professionals employed by or associated with Great Wolf Resorts and appointed by Sponsor (such individuals are referred to as the "Contest Judges"). The Contest Judges will judge the Submissions based on the following judging criteria: Creativity, Originality and Quality of Carving = 50% and Best Representation of Great Wolf Lodge = 50%. In the event that there is a tie resulting in two or more Submissions being the top ranked Submission, the Contest Judges will re-judge those that are tied solely based on best representation of the Contest Theme (100%). By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the Contest Judges with respect to judging, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Winners will be notified by Sponsor via a reply to the account through which the Entry was submitted (e.g., replying to the Facebook post or Instagram account). Upon such notice, a winner will be instructed to submit additional contact information by email to email@example.com. To be confirmed a winner, Sponsor may require the tentative Prize winner to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification attempt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity release (where permitted by law) and affirmation of assignment of rights or if winner is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance of Contest Rules and Liability and Publicity release within twenty-one (21) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined. Winning submissions will be posted with the name of the entrant on Sponsor's blog at blog.greatwolf.com.
7. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): There will be three (3) Grand Prize Winners who will each receive a $50 Great Wolf Lodge Gift Card. (Retail value $50).
8. GENERAL RULES: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Contest Judges, as applicable, with respect to the Contest and the awarding of any Prize, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest or online voting is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest or online voting and determine the Grand Prize winner by having the Contest Judges judge from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, based on the judging criteria listed above in Rule #6. If a court of competent jurisdiction deems any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, such provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted and the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
9. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Sponsor's website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit of this Contest may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or votes will be void.
10. RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AGENTS, RETAILERS, ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY AND/OR FROM ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROMOTION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS AND RELEASE EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEFAMATION, INVASION OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR PERSONALITY OR ANY SIMILAR MATTER, RELATING TO THE CONTEST, THE OPERATION THEREOF, OR ANY ENTRY, OR BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THE USE AND EXPLOITATION OF THE VIDEO ENTRIES AS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, OR USE IN COMPOSITE FORM, EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ARE FULLY FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, USA. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Wisconsin and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Wisconsin. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNERS LIST: To receive a copy by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Sponsor at the Contest Address. Limit one request per outer mailer which should be marked "Winners List Request." Requests must be received by November 31, 2014.
13. SPONSOR: Sponsor of the Contest is Great Lakes Services, LLC, 525 Junction Road, Suite 6000 South, Madison, WI 53717 USA (the "Contest Address").
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.